From our Head Office in East Kilbride, Glasgow, we are rapidly growing and have opportunities for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team.
Culture is key for us and teamwork, flexibility, and taking responsibility are among the necessary skills and qualities we are looking for. You’ll need to be educated to degree level in relevant engineering and technology areas, and be experienced in technical product design development, preferably in closely integrated electronic products and/or electronic medical devices. You’ll be able to demonstrate your experience and knowledge of the full product development lifecycle from concept design through verification testing, manufacturing transfer and post-launch product improvements. In addition, you’ll have experience of design for manufacture, particularly moulded plastic part design. Your work will be to a high standard and supported by strong processes and procedures.
In return, we'll offer you a highly competitive package and a great opportunity to be part of a growing and ambitious company, which takes your career and development seriously.
If you would like further information please get in touch with our HR Partner Yvonne Anderson at Prospero People (07889 111979). If you would like to apply please send a covering letter along with your CV to email@example.com detailing why you would be a good fit for this position, as well as providing your current salary/salary requirements.
Mechanical Project Engineer
Reporting to Head of Product Engineering
Main Purpose of Job
To design, develop and test the range of hardware products and devices that are part of and integral to the product offerings of the Company.
- Develop product requirement specifications to translate user and business needs into detailed and realistic technical requirements
- Work with Head of Product Engineering to develop product development project plans, including identification of risks, dependencies, timescales and contingencies
- Take ownership for device sub system design and development. Work with nominated engineering services suppliers, and develop strong professional relationships
- Take responsibility for development and testing of the products’ application specific functionality to ensure that it meets market demands and is fit for purpose
- Support manufacturing transfer activities related to product verification & design
- Provide technical expertise to support company sales and marketing activities
- Ensure that all development activities are supported by suitable documentation of the design and design process
- Support the implementation and maintenance of company quality management system, particularly (but not exclusively) design-related procedures
Design and develop hardware products which are suitable for volume manufacture whilst meeting business, market and user requirements.
Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, development partners, manufacturing partners and other key suppliers to support the delivery of company hardware products.
- Educated to degree level
- Professionally qualified in relevant engineering and technology areas, preferably mechanical, product design or biomedical engineering
- Two years technical product design development experience, preferably in closely integrated electronic products and/or electronic medical devices
- Experience of the full product development lifecycle from concept design through verification testing, manufacturing transfer and post-launch product improvements
- Experience of design for manufacture, particularly moulded plastic part design
- Experience of mechanism design
- Experience of mechanical design from first principles
- 3D CAD design experience
- Proven experience of innovation
- Project engineering, supplier, contractor and peer-to-peer liaison experience
- Familiarity with product development process and procedures, ideally in an ISO13485 or ISO9001 quality management system
- Known for acting with integrity
- Able to develop and design content from ideas and trends which may not initially be obvious
- Focussed on high standards of results
- Able to deal with ambiguity demonstrating a flexible approach
- Inclusive in style recognising the power of diverse talents
- Enjoys a challenge!
- Technical product design development: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
share this article