From our Head Office in East Kilbride, Glasgow, we are rapidly growing and have opportunities for an experienced Electronic and Electrical Systems Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team.
Culture is key for us and teamwork, flexibility, and taking responsibility are among the necessary skills and qualities we are looking for. You’ll need to be educated to degree level in relevant engineering and technology areas, and be experienced in technical multi-layer PCB design and development, preferably in closely integrated electronic products and/or medical devices. You’ll be able to demonstrate your experience and knowledge of analogue and digital design, developing embedded systems with multiple sensor components and short range communication systems e.g. WiFi and Bluetooth. You'll also be able to develop and design content from ideas and trends which may not initially be obvious, and your work will be to a high standard.
In return, we'll offer you a highly competitive package and a great opportunity to be part of a growing and ambitious company, which takes your career and development seriously.
If you would like further information please get in touch with our HR Partner Yvonne Anderson at Prospero People (07889 111979). If you would like to apply please send a covering letter along with your CV to email@example.com detailing why you would be a good fit for this position, as well as providing your current salary/salary requirements.
Electronic & Electrical Systems Engineer
Reporting to Head of Product Engineering
Main Purpose of Job
To design, develop and test the electrical and electronic aspects of a range of hardware products and devices that are part of and integral to the product offerings of the Company.
- Contribute to the development of product requirement specifications to translate user and business needs into detailed and realistic technical requirements
- Work with Head of Product Engineering or device project technical lead to develop product development project plans, including identification of risks, dependencies, timescales and contingencies
- Lead device electronic sub system and PCB design and development. Work with nominated engineering services suppliers, and develop strong professional relationships
- Take ownership of tendering for and managing external engineering consultancy work packages
- Lead electronic development and testing of the products’ application specific functionality to ensure that it meets market demands and is fit for purpose during development and manufacturing
- Work closely with Firmware and Mechanical engineers toward delivery optimal device solutions against product specification requirements
- Support manufacturing transfer activities related to product verification & design
- Provide technical expertise to support Cutitronics' sales and marketing activities
- Ensure that all development activities are supported by suitable documentation of the design and design process
- Support the implementation and maintenance of Cutitronics quality management system, particularly (but not exclusively) design-related procedures
Design and develop electronic & electrical hardware systems which are suitable for volume manufacture whilst meeting business, market and user requirements.
Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, development partners, manufacturing partners and other key suppliers to support the delivery of Cutitronics hardware products.
Qualifications - Educated to degree level.
Professionally qualified in relevant engineering and technology areas, preferably Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Min. five years technical multi-layer PCB design and development experience, preferably in closely integrated electronic products and/or electronic medical devices
- Experience of analogue and digital design
- Experience of developing embedded systems with multiple sensor components
- Knowledge of short range communication systems eg WiFi & Bluetooth
- ECAD design experience
- Knowledge of relevant EMC & radio equipment standards, system design for EMC and EMC test techniques
- Experience of the full product development lifecycle from concept design through verification testing, manufacturing transfer and post-launch product improvements
- Proven experience of innovation
- Project engineering, supplier, contractor and peer to peer liaison experience
- Familiarity with product development process and procedures, ideally in an ISO13485 or ISO9001 quality management system
- Experience of developing devices including NFC, ISO 14443 and ISO 15693 would be an advantage but not a requirement
- Known for acting with integrity
- Able to develop and design content from ideas and trends which may not initially be obvious
- Focussed on high standards of results
- Able to deal with ambiguity demonstrating a flexible approach
- Inclusive in style recognising the power of diverse talents
- Enjoys a challenge!
Fluent English + any other language helpful
Role may require travel in the UK & overseas
Technical multi-layer PCB design and development: 5 years (Required)
share this article