To work with our engineering team in developing unique technology that marries IoT, Cloud-based services, mobile Apps, closely integrated electromechanical devices and embedded firmware to a market that has not previously had such engineering scrutiny and technology applied.
Key responsibilities include delivering projects according to the Cutitronics New Product Development process.
What You'll Do
- Establish aggressive, but realistic schedules and project cost targets ensuring that margin and product launch target dates are met.
- Create, develop and manage project budget, staffing requirements, resource planning, schedule for programme and product delivery.
- Identify & manage risks, dependencies and contingency plans.
- Facilitate Change Requests and their management ensuring all affected parties are informed of schedule and budget impacts.
- Develop, maintain and execute project plans from concept to product release.
- Chair Project Meetings.
- Programme reviews with senior management.
- Coordinate activity and ensure clear communication for all projects within a multi-functional engineering team encompassing Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mobile App development teams, Firmware, Operations, Marketing and Finance.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of Cutitronics’ quality management system, particularly (but not exclusively) project and delivery-related procedures.
- To improve our time-to-market in collaboration with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing and Manufacturing
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, development partners, manufacturing partners and other key suppliers to support the delivery of Cutitronics’ hardware products
- Qualified in relevant engineering and technology areas
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience in relevant technical discipline
- Certification in Project Management an advantage
- 5-10 years of experience managing the development of engineering products as a Project Manager (Firmware/HW/SW)
- Experience developing and executing project plans using phase-gate or another formal project management methodology
- Experience managing multiple engineering projects simultaneously within a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Experience managing the development of consumer product hardware, firmware and embedded software engineering, architecture and design concepts (especially connected devices e.g. those including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) is a plus
- Experience supporting the development of product architectures and system requirements
- Capable of guiding process using hybrid Agile / SCRUM / Waterfall methodologies
- Familiarity and understanding of continuous integration, DevOps, build environments, and SW release processes
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence and Atlassian tool suite (or similar) to track development progress and interact with the team
- Must have broad enough technical knowledge to understand the relevant and important facets of electronic, mechanical, and software design efforts
- Ability to manage effectively in a cross-functional environment, working closely with all aspects of the business including Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mobile Apps, Firmware, Operations, Marketing and Finance while driving execution with third party manufacturing suppliers
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to provide clear and concise project status to senior management and customers through written reports and periodic programme reviews
- Known for acting with integrity
- Able to influence, communicate effective plans, and build trust among cross-functional engineering teams and leaders
- Focussed on high standards of results
- Able to deal with ambiguity demonstrating a flexible approach
- Inclusive in style recognising the power of diverse talents
- Enjoys a challenge!
Languages: Fluent English + any other language helpful
Other: Role may require travel in the UK & Overseas