To design, develop and test the range of hardware products and devices that are part of and integral to the product offerings of the Company.
What You'll Do
Develop product requirement specifications to translate user and business needs into detailed and realistic technical requirements.
Work with Head of Product Engineering to develop product development project plans, including identification of risks, dependencies, timescales and contingencies.
Take ownership for device sub system design and development. Work with nominated engineering services suppliers, and develop strong professional relationships.
Take responsibility for development and testing of the products’ application specific functionality to ensure that it meets market demands and is fit for purpose.
Support manufacturing transfer activities related to product verification & design.
Provide technical expertise to support Cutitronics sales and marketing activities.
Ensure that all development activities are supported by suitable documentation of the design and design process.
Support the implementation and maintenance of Cutitronics’ quality management system, particularly (but not exclusively) design-related procedures.
- Design and develop electronic & electrical hardware systems which are suitable for volume manufacture whilst meeting business, market and user requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues, development partners, manufacturing partners and other key suppliers to support the delivery of Cutitronics’ hardware products.
- Educated to degree level.
- Professionally qualified in relevant engineering and technology areas, preferably mechanical, product design or biomedical engineering.
- Minimum two years technical product design development experience, preferably in closely integrated electronic products and/or electronic medical devices.
- Experience of the full product development lifecycle from concept design through verification testing, manufacturing transfer and post-launch product improvements.
- Experience of design for manufacture, particularly moulded plastic part design.
- Experience of mechanism design.
- Experience of mechanical design from first principles
- 3D CAD design experience
- Proven experience of innovation.
- Project Engineering, supplier, contractor and peer to peer liaison experience.
- Familiarity with product development process and procedures, ideally in an ISO13485 or ISO9001 quality management system.
- Known for acting with integrity
- Able to develop and design content from ideas and trends which may not initially be obvious
- Focussed on high standards of results
- Able to deal with ambiguity demonstrating a flexible approach
- Inclusive in style recognising the power of diverse talents
- Enjoys a challenge!
Languages: Fluent English + any other language helpful
Other: Role may require travel in the UK & Overseas.